Thai Salmon Steaks
Wonderfully vibrant, tangy flavors!
1 tsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. prepared Chinese mustard
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely minced
2 7-8 oz. salmon steaks, 1 - inch thick
In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, mustard
and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Allow the grill to preheat. Place the steaks on the grill and cover each
with a tablespoon of the Thai sauce. Close the grill and cook for 6 min-
utes. Check the salmon and continue grilling if needed. Serve with any
Orange Roughy Primavera
Orange roughy is sweet, mild and very delicate.
1/2 small zucchini, cleaned
1/2 red pepper, cleaned
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 carrot, peeled
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
1 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
1 tsp. black pepper, coarsely ground
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 4-5 oz. orange roughy fillets, 1/2 - inch thick
Thinly slice the zucchini, red pepper, onion and carrot. In a small bowl,
combine the rosemary, thyme, pepper and oil. Allow the grill to preheat.
Place the vegetables on the grill and drizzle one half of the herb oil over
them. Close the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the vegetables and add the fillets. Drizzle the remaining herb oil
over the fillets, and close the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Check the fish and continue grilling, if needed, until the fish flakes easily.
To serve, carefully remove the fillets from the grill and top with the veg-
How To Use George Foreman’s Lean Mean
Fat Reducing Grilling Machine
1. Before using the Grilling Machine for the first time, remove the Grilling
Plates and wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Make
sure both Grilling Plates are firmly attached to the appliance.
2. To preheat: Close the Lid and plug cord into a 120V AC outlet. The
Power Light will go on indicating that the elements are heating.
Allow Grilling Machine to preheat for 7 minutes.
3. Use a pot holder to carefully grasp the Lid handle in the center to
open the Lid.
4. Slide the grease catching Drip Tray under the front of the unit.
5. Carefully place the items to be cooked on the bottom grilling plate.
6. Close the Lid and allow the food to cook for the desired time.
(Consult the Recipe Section at the back of this book for some sug-
gestions.) The Power Light will cycle ON and OFF throughout the
cooking process. Do not leave appliance unattended during use!
7. After the desired amount of time, the food should be done.
8. Disconnect the plug from the wall outlet.
CAUTION: To avoid any sparks at the outlet while disconnecting
plug, make sure the "Power Light" is off (not illuminated) before
disconnecting the plug from the outlet.
9. Use a pot holder to carefully open the Lid.
10. Remove the food using the Plastic Spatula provided. Be sure to
always use either plastic or wooden utensils so as not to scratch the
non-stick surface. Never use metal tongs, forks or knives as these
can damage the coating on the cooking plates.
11. When cool, the Drip Tray may be removed and emptied. Be sure the
liquid is cooled before removing Drip Tray.
GR_GRP4&GRP4P_IB_13-11-04 11/13/04 12:23 PM Page 11