SEC R-820JS/BC O/M
TINSEB053WRRZ-D41 SEC R-820JS/BC O/M
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
WARNING - To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, fire, injury to persons or exposure to
excessive microwave energy:
1. Read all instructions before using the
2. Read and follow the specific “PRECAU-
TIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPO-
SURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE
on inside front cover.
3. This appliance must be grounded. Connect
only to properly grounded outlet. See
“GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS” on
4. Install or locate this appliance only in ac-
cordance with the provided installation
5. Some products such as whole eggs and
sealed containers —for example, closed
glass jars — are able to explode and should
not be heated in this oven.
6. Use this appliance only for its intended use
as described in this manual. Do not use
corrosive chemicals or vapors in this appli-
ance. This type of oven is specifically
designed to heat, cook or dry food. It is not
designed for industrial or laboratory use.
7. As with any appliance, close supervision is
necessary when used by children.
8. Do not operate this appliance if it has a
damaged cord or plug, if it is not working
properly or if it has been damaged or dropped.
9. This appliance should be serviced only by
qualified service personnel. Contact nearest
Sharp Authorized Servicer for examination,
repair or adjustment.
10. Do not cover or block any openings on the
11. Do not store or use this appliance outdoors.
Do not use this product near water—for
example, near a kitchen sink, in a wet base-
ment, near a swimming pool or similar loca-
12. Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
13. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
14. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or
15. See door surface cleaning instructions on
16. To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
a. Do not overcook food. Carefully attend
appliance when paper, plastic or other
combustible materials are placed inside
the oven to facilitate cooking.
b. Remove wire twist-ties from paper or
plastic bags before placing bag in oven.
c. If materials inside the oven ignite,
keep oven door closed, turn oven off
and disconnect the power cord or
shut off power at the fuse or circuit
d. Do not use the cavity for storage pur-
poses. Do not leave paper products,
cooking utensils or food in the cavity
when not in use.
17. Liquids, such as water, coffee or tea are able
to be overheated beyond the boiling point
without appearing to be boiling. Visible
bubbling or boiling when the container is
removed from the microwave oven is not
always present. THIS COULD RESULT IN
VERY HOT LIQUIDS SUDDENLY BOILING
OVER WHEN A SPOON OR OTHER
UTENSIL IS INSERTED INTO THE LIQUID.
To reduce the risk of injury to persons:
a. Do not overheat the liquid.
b. Stir the liquid both before and halfway
through heating it.
c. Do not use straight-sided containers
with narrow necks. Use a wide-mouthed
d. After heating, allow the container to
stand in the microwave oven at least
for 20 seconds before removing the
e. Use extreme care when inserting a
spoon or other utensil into the container.
18. If the oven light fails, consult a SHARP
19. Do not operate any heating or cooking ap-
pliance beneath this appliance.
20. Do not mount unit over or near any portion of
a heating or cooking appliance.
21. Do not mount over a sink.
22. Do not store anything directly on top of the
appliance surface when the appliance is in
R-820JS/BC 01-10 04.4.15, 3:27 PM2