24 EN24 EN
INFORMATION ON DVD RECORDING
single layer disc
Approx. max. recording time
360 minutes (4.7GB) (for 12cm)
108 minutes (1.4GB) (for 8cm)
This unit can record to DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW and
DVD+R/DVD-R can only be recorded to once. DVD+RW/
DVD-RW can be recorded to and erased many times.
DVD-RW/-R will be recorded in the DVD+VR mode
automatically in this unit.
You can select a recording mode among 6 options, and
the recording time will depend on the recording mode
you select as follows.
• The recording time is only an estimate. The actual
recording time may differ.
• The audio and video quality gets poorer as the recording
time becomes longer.
• Each time [REC MODE] is pressed, recording mode and
its allowed recording time will be displayed.
• Following discs are recommended for good recording
quality and are proven to be compatible with this unit.
However, depending on the media condition the unit
may not read the disc properly.
Verbatim DVD+R 8x, DVD+RW 4x,
DVD-R 8x, DVD-RW 2x
JVC DVD-RW 4x
Maxell DVD+R 4x/8x/16x, DVD-R 8x/16x
SONY DVD+R 4x/8x/16x, DVD+RW 4x
TDK DVD+R 4x/8x/16x
Performance of any other discs are not guaranteed.
• You can play back DVD+RW on most DVD players
without finalizing. However, if you have added or
deleted chapters, or made chapters hidden, you
must perform “Make Edits Compatible” before being
able to see those effects on other units. (Refer to
page 69 for more details.) To play back discs other
than DVD+RW on other DVD players, you will need
• This unit cannot record to CD-RW or CD-R.
• DVD+RW/+R, DVD-RW/-R and CD-RW/-R recorded on
a personal computer or a DVD or CD recorder may
not be played back if the disc is damaged or dirty or
if there is condensation on the player’s lens.
• If you record a disc using a personal computer, even
if it is recorded in a compatible format it may not be
played back because of the settings of the
application software used to create the disc. (Check
with the software publisher for more detailed
• Since the recording is made by the VBR (variable bit
rate) method, depending on the picture you are
recording, the actual remaining time for recording
may be a little shorter than the remaining time
displayed on the TV screen.
• You cannot record copy-protected program using
this unit. (Copy-protected signal is included in DVD-
video or some satellite broadcasts.)
• You cannot record “copy-once only” program on
Before you make a recording, read the following information.
• DVD-RW recorded in the mode other than +VR is not
recordable on this unit unless you erase all contents in
the disc (refer to page 68).
• DVD-R recorded in the mode other than +VR is not
recordable on this unit.
E9E8BUD_ZV427MG9.indd 24E9E8BUD_ZV427MG9.indd 24 2008/03/27 13:31:402008/03/27 13:31:40