VIDEO - AUDIO -
REC TIMER REC
DISPLAY VCR DVD MODE
RECORD NEXTPREV PAUSE
Press [B] to “AUTO REPEAT” to set “ON” or “OFF”.
Press [SETUP] to exit.
- M E N U -
B AUTO REPEAT [ON]
• The auto repeat function can also be set “ON” or “OFF” by pressing [REPEAT] on the remote control.
• To cancel auto repeat function, follow step 1 above. Then, press [B] so that “OFF” appears beside “AUTO REPEAT”. Press [SETUP] to exit.
• The auto repeat playback will start automatically if you select “AUTO REPEAT” to “ON” in the stop mode.
Press [SETUP], and choose “AUTO REPEAT”.
- M E N U -
B AUTO REPEAT [OFF]
When “AUTO REPEAT“ is set to “ON“, the cassette tape will automatically rewind and start over when it reaches the end.
This will continue until auto repeat function is turned off.
Press [SETUP]. Select “TIMER PROGRAMMING”.
- M E N U -
B TIMER PROGRAMMING
AUTO REPEAT [OFF]
Available program number flashes.
Select an empty program number.
Then press [B] to go to next step.
PROGRAM NUMBER 1
DATE – – / – –
START TIME – – : – – – –
END TIME – – : – – – –
L1/L2 – –
REC SPEED – –
Insert a recordable
Press [INPUT] until “L1” or “L2” is
displayed on the TV screen. Select “L1”
to activate rear input jacks. Select “L2”
to activate front input jacks.
Press [SPEED] to select the desired tape speed.
Press [RECORD] until desired recording time is selected.
Press [STOP C] to
Press [OPEN/CLOSE A] to eject the
recorded cassette tape.
You CANNOT dub a DVD to a video cassette tape.
To stop recording temporarily (pause mode)
Press [PAUSE F].
• During the recording in pause mode, 5
marks appear on the
TV screen. Each
mark represents 1 minute.
• Press it again to resume recording.
• Pause mode will be automatically canceled after 5 minutes to
prevent damage to the cassette tape and the video head.
• Do not change the external tuner’s channel while you are recording.
You CANNOT watch one channel and record another at the same time.
• Connect your external tuner to the L1 (rear panel) jacks of the unit.
Connect camcorders and other such devices to the L2 (front panel)
jacks. Refer to page 7, 9.
This unit has no tuner system so it cannot receive TV broadcasts without external
tuner or such devices.
Accidental Erasure Prevention
To prevent accidental recording, remove erase-
protection tab of the cassette tape. To record
on it later, cover the hole with adhesive tape.
Recording & One-touch Timer Recording (OTR)
Tape speed Recording / playback time
Type of tape T60 T120 T160
SP mode 1hour 2hours 2-2/3hours
SLP mode 3hours 6hours 8hours
• You can also set to external tuner. Refer to “Satellite Link” on page 14.
REC OTR (0:30) OTR (1:00).....
OTR (8:00) OTR (7:30)
See note on the right.
• Insert a recordable cassette tape.
• Make sure to turn on the external
E8E62UD-DV225MG9.indd 12E8E62UD-DV225MG9.indd 12 2008/02/01 11:46:272008/02/01 11:46:27