This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of
electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having
a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be inserted into an outlet that is properly installed and
1. Steady, flat location: When positioning the microwave oven, it should be set on a steady, flat surface.
2. Ventilation: Do not block air vents. If they are blocked during operation, the oven may overheat and eventually cause
oven failure. For proper ventilation, keep three inches of space between the oven’s top, sides, rear and the area where
the unit is to be installed.
3. Radio and TV reception: Poor television reception and radio interference may result if the oven is located close to a
TV, radio, antenna, or antenna wire. Position the oven as far from them as possible.
4. Temperature and moisture: Keep the oven away from hot air, steam or splashing liquids when choosing a place to
locate it, otherwise, the unit’s operation may be adversely affected, causing it to break down.
5. Power supply:
• Check your local power source. This microwave oven requires a 120V, 60Hz power supply.
• Use a receptacle that will accept the ground prong.
A. A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a
B. Longer cord sets or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
C. If a long cord or extension cord is used, (1) the marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be
at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance, (2) the extension cord must be a grounding-type 3-wire
cord, and (3) the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter top or tabletop where it
can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
6. Examine the oven for any damage such as: Dents, a misaligned door, broken door or a dent in the cavity. If any of
the above are visible, DO NOT INSTALL THE UNIT. Notify the dealer immediately.
WARNING: Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock. Consult a qualified electrician or service
personnel if the grounding instructions are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to whether the
appliance is properly grounded.
If it is necessary to use an extension cord, use only a three wire extension cord that has a three blade grounding
plug, and a three slot receptacle that will accept the plug on the appliance. The marked rating of the extension
cord should be equal to or greater than the electrical rating of the appliance.
When using a 3-pronged plug
When using a grounding adapter, make sure
the receptacle box is fully grounded.