When using electrical appliances, basic safety
precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and/or
injury to persons, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles
3. To protect against electric shock, do not
place cord, plug, or base in water or other
4. Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
5. Always unplug from outlet when not in
use and before cleaning. Allow to cool
before putting on or taking off parts and
before cleaning the appliance.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions or has been
dropped or damaged in any manner. Return
appliance to the nearest Cuisinart Repair
Center for examination, repair, or electrical
or mechanical adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by Cuisinart may cause
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or
counter, or touch any hot surface.
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. Always fill water reservoir first, then plug
cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect,
turn controls to off, then remove plug from
12. Do not use appliance for other than
13. Snap lid securely onto carafe before
serving any beverages.
14. Scalding may occur if the lid is removed
during the brewing cycle.
15. The glass carafe is designed for use with
appliance base only. It must never be used
on the range top.
16. Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold
17. Do not use a cracked carafe or a carafe
having a loose or weakened handle.
18. Do not clean carafe or warming plate
with cleansers, steel wool pads, or other
19. WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF
FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT
REMOVE THE BASE PANEL. NO USER
SERVICEABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE.
REPAIR SHOULD BE DONE ONLY BY
20. Avoid contact with moving parts.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE
WARNING: RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to
alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the product’s
enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of fire or electric
shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the
presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the
literature accompanying the appliance.