• This appliance shall be used OUTDOORS only. Do NOT use in a building, home, garage,
balcony, porch, tent or any other enclosed area. Fryers/Boilers shall not be used on
or under apartment or condominium balcony or deck. Do NOT install or use in or on
recreational vehicles and/or boats.
• When cooking, the fryer/boiler must be on a level, stable, noncombustible surface in an
area clear of combustible material. An asphalt surface (blacktop) may not be acceptable for
• Do not use on combustible flooring or surfaces.
• Do NOT operate appliance any closer than 10 feet from any combustible materials
including walls or railings or under overhead construction as these materials could
ignite should grease fire occur.
• Smoking oil is an indication that the oil is too hot and may ignite. Oil ignites at varying
temperatures; therefore, never allow the oil to exceed 400°F
and NEVER LEAVE
HEATING OIL UNATTENDED.
• Carefully monitor the temperature of the oil with the thermometer and regulate the
temperature so that it does not reach the "Fire Hazard" zone on the thermometer. If
necessary, turn the gas OFF to the appliance to allow the oil to cool.
• When cooking with oil or grease, the thermometer provided MUST be used. Follow
instructions in this manual for proper installation and use of the thermometer. If the
thermometer supplied with this fryer/boiler has been lost or damaged, a replacement
thermometer must be obtained before using this fryer. Use only replacement thermometer
# 072-0012-0. This thermometer can be obtained by contacting The Brinkmann
Corporation at 1-800-527-0717.
• Test the thermometer before each use by inserting it into a cooking vessel of boiling water
and ensure that it registers approximately 212°F +/- 20˚F (100°C +/- 10˚C). If the
thermometer does not function properly, a replacement thermometer must be obtained
before using this fryer. Use only replacement thermometer # 072-0012-0. This thermometer
can be obtained by contacting The Brinkmann Corporation at 1-800-527-0717.
• If the temperature exceeds 400°F (200°C) or if oil begins to smoke, immediately turn the
burner or gas supply OFF and wait for the temperature to decrease to less than 350°F
(175°C) before relighting burner. (See instructions on page 11 for relighting.) If there is a lid
(cover), do not remove the lid as oxygen will feed a fire.
• Hot oil or water can cause severe burns and permanent disfigurement; use caution and
common sense when operating this product.
• Do not leave the appliance unattended. Keep children and pets away from the appliance at
all times. Carefully monitor all activity around fryer to avoid burns or other injuries. Do not
wear loose clothing or allow long hair to hang freely while lighting or using fryer.
• Use caution when walking or standing near fryer as splattered oil may have created a slick
surface. Do not walk between cooker and propane tank as this creates a trip hazard.
Tripping over the hose could overturn the cooker or knock cooking vessel of hot liquid
from cooker causing severe burns.
• Avoid bumping of or impact with the appliance to prevent spillage or splashing of hot
• Never drop food or accessories into hot cooking liquid. Lower food and accessories slowly
into the cooking liquid in order to prevent splashing or overflow. When removing food from
the appliance care shall be taken to avoid burns from hot cooking liquids.
• Never overfill the cooking vessel with oil, grease or water. Follow instructions in this
manual for establishing proper oil, grease or water levels. (see page 12)