• Use caution when reaching into or under smoker. Always wear oven mitts/gloves to protect your hands from burns. Avoid
touching hot surfaces.
• Base pan should never be touched or moved while smoker is in operation or if still hot.
• The side door is for viewing purposes and adding water to water pan ONLY. Never add wood or any other material through the
side door. When opening door, stand back and use caution to avoid burns from steam, flame flare-ups or splashes from hot
• Do not wear loose clothing or allow hair to hang freely when operating smoker.
• Always wear shoes when operating smoker.
• When in operation, smoker contains hot liquid in water pan. Extreme caution should be used at all times. Do not move smoker
when water pan contains hot liquids. Tilting or other slight movement could cause hot liquid to spill from water pan causing
serious bodily injury.
• When lifting the dome lid, keep hands, face and body safe from hot steam or possible flame flare-ups. Always lift the dome lid
off the smoker by tilting the dome lid toward you to allow hot steam to escape away from your face. Should a flame flare-up
occur, replace dome lid and unplug smoker to smother flame. Do not use water to extinguish flames.
• Use extreme caution when adding liquid to water pan being careful not to spill any liquid onto electric element. Always unplug
smoker before adding water. Follow instructions in “Adding Water During Cooking" section of this manual.
• Water pan should always be used when smoking. Do not allow liquid in water pan to completely evaporate. Check water pan
every 2 hours and add water if level is low (a sizzling sound may indicate a need for water). Follow instructions in “Adding
Water During Cooking” section of this manual.
• Use a sufficient amount of flavoring wood to avoid having to remove smoker body from base pan during the cooking process.
This will limit the danger of spilling hot liquid from the water pan which could cause serious bodily injury.
• Use caution when assembling or operating your smoker to avoid cuts or scrapes from sharp edges of metal parts.
• Never add charcoal, lighter fluid, fuel or material of any kind, other than flavoring wood to the base pan where the electric
element and lava rocks are housed. Place wood chunks on lava rocks away from the electric element.
• Unplug the smoker from electric outlet when not in use. Allow smoker to cool completely before cleaning. Make sure embers
are completely extinguished. Dispose of remaining embers and ashes in a noncombustible container. Do not allow ashes to
build up in smoker.
• Do not use the smoker if the electric element has been exposed to moisture, grease and drippings, or if there is excessive ash
buildup on the lava rock. Do not clean electric element with a water spray or the like. Failure to adhere to this safety warning
could result in the electric element shorting out and in some cases, exploding. Clean the Electric element and lava rocks as
instructed in the “Proper Care and Maintenance” section of this manual.
• Store the smoker indoors in a dry location when not in use–out of the reach of children.
• Accessory attachments not manufactured by The Brinkmann Corporation for this smoker are not recommended and may lead to
personal injury or property damage.
• Use caution when lifting or moving smoker to prevent strains and back injuries.
• We advise that you have a fire extinguisher designed for use with electrical appliances on hand. Refer to your local authority to
determine proper size and type of fire extinguisher.
• Do not attempt to service smoker other than normal maintenance as explained in “After-Use Safety and Proper Care &
Maintenance” sections of this manual. Repairs should be performed by The Brinkmann Corporation only.
• Properly dispose of all packaging material.
USE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE WHEN OPERATING YOUR SMOKER.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO SAFETY WARNING AND GUIDELINES IN THIS MANUAL COULD RESULT
IN BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS